[2.0] Setting Up an ActiveCampaign Integration in bucket.io
This article assumes that bucket.io and ActiveCampaign accounts have been already linked or integrated, if they have not, please refer to the article Integrating ActiveCampaign with bucket.io to complete that step first.
Before we begin
Tags and custom fields offer a flexible way to organize contacts, and can be used for automation triggers.
There is some overlap between when to use a custom field versus a tag, so it can at times be unclear which one to use. Here is a brief definition from ActiveCampaign that can help in making a decision when setting up an integration.
- Custom fields are better suited to capture permanent data relative to a contact that is not easily changed. For example, contact's name, email, phone number, birthdate, the answer to a demographic question, and more.
- Tags on the other hand, are generally used for data that can quickly change. You can easily filter your list by tags so it's a great segmentation option but you can't insert the data like you can with a custom field.
Regardless of the type of information that we wish to store, all Fields should be created as Text type, or else bucket will not be able to input any data
STEP # 1: Fill Out the integration form
After completing step #2 from the article INTEGRATING ACTIVECAMPAIGN WITH BUCKET.IO, click “Funnels” at the top navigation menu to go back to your list of funnels. From there, locate the funnel that will be integrated and click Edit (the Edit button is located at the right-hand side of each funnel, represented by a green button with a pen symbol).
- Click Settings, which will consequently display the settings menu of your Funnel
- Click Integrations, which will display all of the available apps to integrate with
- Click the ActiveCampaign icon, and this will automatically open the Integration form, which is a very user friendly drop-down menu
- Toggle on the integration at the top-right corner
The automatic save function only applies to what is done in the Canvas and Builder, so anything in the Integration Page requires a click to the “Save Changes” button to make sure the set up is saved.
STEP # 2: Let’s set up the integration now section by section!!
Configure Your Mailing Lists
It is necessary to choose a default list since it is a requirement by ActiveCampaign’s API integration.
Tag Your Bucket(s)
Here we assign tags for people to be labeled based on the bucket(s) that they land in, for instance:
Bucket 1: Professional > Tag: Prof
Bucket 2: Beginner > Tag: Beg
- Click the plus (+) sign next to each bucket which will automatically create a drop-down menu
- Choose one of the available tags or type a keyword to locate the desired tag
Tag Your Questions
We can assign as many tags as we need to which will help create audiences and email automation in ActiveCampaign.
- Click the plus (+) sign next to each answer which will automatically create a drop-down menu.
- Choose one of the available tags or type a keyword to locate the desired tag.
If/when tracking information generated outside of bucket.io such as source, campaign, affiliate, etc. there is a way to transfer this data via UTM parameter in the URL.
Lead Capture Custom Field Mapping
The system automatically links bucket.io contact fields (Name, Phone, Email, etc.) with the ones previously created in ActiveCampaign lists, however, if more fields are to be added at the Lead Capture Page, it is important to ensure they match.
Questions Custom Field Mapping
Participant’s answers can also be transferred to ActiveCampaign rather than a tag, for instance, their input to an open-ended question. Here is where custom fields become handy for questions and answers.
- Click the plus (+) sign next to each question which will automatically create a drop-down menu to select the custom field that will be received the answer to the specific question and empty field next to each choice.
- Then manually type the text you will like to be passed if they selected an specific choice
Don’t forget to click the Save button.
Still have questions? Feel free to reach out via firstname.lastname@example.org
Mon thru Fri, from 8:00 to 17:00
[2.0] Integrating ActiveCampaign with bucket.io
Before transferring data (name, email, responses, tags, custom fields, etc.) from bucket.io to ActiveCampaign, two things must happen first: Link or integrate bucket.io with ActiveCampaign via API (steps 1 and 2 in this article). Set up integration ...
[2.0] Setting up the Drip Integration in bucket.io
Setting up the Drip Integration in bucket.io Information According to Drip: Tags attach a label to a person when they do something specific, such as purchase a product, or become a customer. Use Tags to segment your list and understand the way ...
[2.0] Setting up the Mailchimp Integration in bucket.io
Before we begin According to Mailchimp, Tags are labels you create to help organize your contacts. Tagging lets you bring your own contact structure into Mailchimp and label contacts based on data you know about them. Tags are highly customizable, ...
[2.0] Setting up the Aweber Integration in bucket.io
Before we begin: According to Aweber, Tags are used as one of the primary methods of subscriber management within your AWeber account. Specifically, tags are keywords or phrases that you can use to group subscribers together and assign specific ...
[2.0] bucket.io - Zapier - Kartra Integration
Before we begin, it is important to have clarity on the “task” performed by each app, as well as their capabilities and limitations: bucket.io Gathers data submitted through the funnel such as questions/answers, contact information, and their ...