Before we begin, it is important to have clarity on the “task” performed by each app, as well as their capabilities and limitations:
- Gathers data submitted through the funnel such as questions/answers, contact information, and their respective segment/bucket
- bucket.io does not tag, but can deliver data that can be turned into tags inside Kajabi
- Pulls data out of bucket and sends it to Kajabi
- Zapier uses pre-existing fields from Kajabi to place information such as name, email, their segment/bucket, etc. If a field is not available in Zapier when filling out the integration form, it means that the field does not exist in Kajabi yet.
- Receives information sent by Zapier and uses it to run automations, tagging, etc.
- A Custom field to receive segment/bucket values (this is addressed in step #1), and should be a “text input” type of field - this helps to create standalone automations using field values
- Automation email(s), or email campaigns
- Your Kajabi plan should be Growth or Pro to avoid any functional limitations
- Have your funnel ready in terms of buckets, questions, lead capture pages, etc. please note that this does not refer to design, but more to the structure of the funnel
- Have your Zapier account set up
STEP #1: Tag people by creating a “WHEN-THEN-IF” Kajabi automation
Since Zapier itself can’t trigger actions inside Kajabi, we need to set up automations so that Kajabi can trigger specific actions based on the information that it receives from Zapier. So we’ll use a form and automations for that purpose.
Create a form:
- In Kajabi go to Marketing > Forms > edit form
- Then scroll to Form Fields and click Add Form Field
- Click Create a New Field
- Provide a name or title, we suggest “Outcome” - make sure it is a “Text” type of field, and click the Save button
- Then save changes at the top right corner
- Go to Marketing > Automations
- Click Add New Automation
- From the “WHEN” dropdown menu select Form Is Submitted, and choose your form
- From the “THEN” dropdown menu, select Add a Tag - you can either create a new one or choose from the existing list
- Click Add Condition
- And from the Select filter drop-down list choose Custom field filter > Outcome Contains > type the name given to your bucket
- Click Apply and then Save
STEP #2: Create a Zap
First step Zap
- Log into your Zapier Account
- Click Make a new Zap
- Find Bucket.io 2.0 in the App Search,
- Select New Lead as the trigger
Note: If you have connected bucket to Zapier before, skip to item #7
- Click Sign In to bucket.io 2.0 to add your account, it will open a pop up asking to enter your bucket API key
- Copy and paste this API Key in the Zapier pop-up and click Yes, Continue
- Click the blue Continue button and it will ask to choose an account, select it from the drop-down menu, and click the blue continue button again
- It will display a Customize Lead field asking to enter a verification token code. Leave this open and switch back to bucket to find the unique funnel verification code.
- If you are inside your funnel, click Settings, which will consequently display the settings menu of your Funnel
- Click Integrations, which will display all of the available apps to integrate with
- Click the Zapier icon, and this will automatically open a screen with a Verification Token code, copy and paste it in the Funnel Verification Token field (item #8 from these instructions), and press tab. This will automatically enable the continue button, click continue.
- This will open the Find Data section asking to test your trigger to confirm connectivity, click the Test Trigger button to bring a sample lead (most likely it’s under a dummy name such as “fake browser”). Click the Continue button to conclude the first step of the Zap
The second step Zap
- From the Choose App & Event search box type Kajabi
- Choose the action event “Create form submission” and click the continue button
Note: If you have previously added your ESP account, it will display at the drop-down menu to choose from, if not, you’ll be asked to sign into Kajabi by adding the API Key and API secret.
- Click Continue and it will as to choose a Site and Form, these are pulled from your Kajabi account.
- Click the Name field and choose a name from the drop-down menu, the same applies to the email and outcome field.
- Click the continue button
- Click Test & review if you wish to confirm that the connection is good and to send a test lead to Kajabi, if not, just click test & continue.
- Click Done editing and turn the Zap on
Note: Don’t forget to name your zap
STEP # 3: Test integration
- Using the URL provided by bucket at the Canvas, open the link, go through the funnel, and submit one test lead with a valid email address
- Give it around 5 minutes after submission and check your Kajabi account